- Technology White Papers
- Future Books
- Technology Self-Assessment Information
- How To Write Intereting Copy for a Boring Topic
- Teachers Becoming Guides
- Classroom Clips
- Office 365
- Pinterest In Education
- Free User Manuals
- Middle School Student Information
- Stop Bullying
- Set Goals To Get 1:1
- Indiana CTO Council
- Khan Academy
- Data Measurements
- Tips and hints for using technology
- Information about QR codes
- Learn about open courseware
- Google Apps to Support Bloom's Revised Taxonomy
- Cybraryman Links and Resources
- Central Indiana Educational Service Center (CIESC)
- ToonBoom project-based activities
- Top 100 Sites of 2011 by Tech & Learning Magazine
- Microsoft Support
- Microsoft SharePoint Cool Content
- Microsoft Partners in Learning
- National Geographic Education site
- 50 New Tech Tools You Should Know (2012 Version)
- Steve Benjamin
- The Rise of K-12 Blended Learning report by the Innosight Institute.
- Unleashing the Potential of Technology in Education REPORT by the Boston Consulting Group.
- What Really Works in Turning Schools Around? by Edweek
- Indiana University's e-Text Initiative
Green Technology Information
- Car Payment Calculator - Environmental Calculators
- Classroom Earth
- Walk in the Woods
- EEK! Environmental Education for Kids
- The Ecological Footprint Quiz
- US Environmental Protection Agency Teaching Center
One way to stay current with the ever-changing field of technology is to follow other industry insiders. The RCS Technology Department stays current is to follow technology and education blogs, including the following:
- Rob Tidrow's Blog
- Dell Computer's Edu4U community
- EdTech Talk
- USA Today Technology News
- Angela Maiers' Blog
10 Search Sites
Gaming to Reengage Boys in Learning by Ali Carr-Chellman
Education Technology E-Newsletters
The following are some e-newsletters that discuss technology in education:
Web 2.0 Resources
The following are some Web 2.0 technologies that the RCS IT department is investigating for possible adoption.
- SharePoint Tech. Site for learning more about Microsoft SharePoint.
- OpenDisc open source software for Windows
- EverNote. Provide a site for notes, Web page clips, and other sharing resources.
- Google Apps for Education. Services provided by Google that includes e-mail, Google Docs, and Google Sites.
- Microsoft Live. A site that includes free versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Onenote. Also includes Skydrive, a cloud-based storage area that provides 25GB of storage.
- VoiceThread. A site where users can create multimedia slideshows.
- Weebly. A site that allows users to create their own web sites.
- WordPress. A blogging service.
- Yola. A site that allows users to create their own web sites.
- Mahara. An open-source e-portfolio software.
- Elgg. An open-source social-networking system.
- Beat Pick. Free music for student projects.
- Drupal Resources
- Why Us